my MOTTO


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Friday 24 October, 2008

A great show

DESARAJU SURYA at the India Aviation -2008.

Desaraju Surya
Hyderabad played host to the first-ever civil aviation expo in India -- India Aviation 2008 -- at the Begumpet airport in the middle of October. As a journalist, I had the privilege of visiting the expo and covering the event.
Undoubtedly the biggest attraction at the show was the jumbo Airbus A-380, the double-decker aircraft that could carry over 850 passengers on board. It was a spectacular experience to watch the big bird fly and land. It was a great sight, indeed! As soon as the plane landed and taxiied on to the parking slot, I asked our photographer Aleemuddin to click my picture with the jumbo in the background. I couldn't resist the temptation. I also had the opportunity to board the plane for an inspection. It was, of course, not a fully-built regular plane and was just a test version. It had not more than 10 seats in all and was all wired. There were huge water tanks fitted inside the plane, basically to measure the gravity and other factors during flight. An Airbus official took us inside the plane and explained all its features. It was good to learn many things.
As part of the four-day expo, many other planes too landed in Begumpet, brining it to life once again after it was closed for commercial operations in the middle of this year. The other picture was taken with Air India's Boeing 747 in the backdrop. There was also a tiny two-seater plane brought from Australia - the Sport Star Plus.
The aviation expo provided a great photo-op and for one like me and I didn't miss it.

No comments: